It's important you keep your wheelchair clean in order to keep it in good working order. We've put together some of our top tips to help you clean your power chair:
1. Vacuum the parts that come into contact with the floor or the environment such as the wheels, tyres and especially the underside of the chair and any parts exposed to dirt.
2. Wipe down the seating area and handles with a damp cloth or towel. You can use a bit of mild soap as needed. Once clean wipe with a disinfectant wipe.
3. Clean the charging port with a soft, dry cloth after removing the dust and the dirt.
4. Check and lubricate any areas that require lubrication (such as moving joints) following the manufacturers specifications.
5. Inspect any seams and connections for wear and tear and replace if necessary.
6. Make sure to store your electric wheelchair in a clean, dry and dust-free area.
If you own a wheelchair from Mobility Extra then please feel free to contact us directly on our social media pages or via our contact page and we'd be happy to answer any questions or give advice.